A Whole Family Program to Guide Discussions about Loving Relationships & Safe Environment
This once-a-year program gives parents and guardians the tools they need to help their children—from pre-school through high school—to understand and navigate the ever-changing world of relationships. It empowers families to talk about relationships, sex, and sexual abuse in an easy-to-implement, ongoing educational program that addresses critical life issues.
Young adolescents who participate in the 7th grade session of the L.I.F.E. program with their parents will:
- Discuss with their parents the distinctions between love, infatuation, friendship and exploitation; name shows and songs that fit each.
- Realize that adolescence precipitates many changes in their thoughts, interests, desires, and feelings as well as in their bodies.
- Be introduced to the gradual development of an infatuation relationship—from noticing, to talking, to holding hands, to hugging and kissing, to passionate kissing, to sexual touch, to sexual intercourse – and learn that all of these steps are meant to be signs of a developing love relationship.
- Discuss with their parents the virtues needed to develop as a loving person—in the family circle, in the friendship circle, and eventually in the infatuation circle.
- Learn the word “chastity” as the main virtue that will be needed in future infatuation experiences.
- Review with their parents the reality of sexual abuse, including abusive activities initiated by peers.
- Hear the “Deuteronomy Blessing” prayed for them by their parents and receive from them a blessing with holy water and a hug.
The Grade 7 Lesson Package includes the following:
- 2-page introductory letter and material tutorial
- 22-page guided lesson plan with classroom adaptation instructions and master copies of all facilitator materials
- 12-page master Activity Book for duplication
- 54-slide PowerPoint presentation for in-session guidance
- 5-page master Parent Follow-Up Packet for duplication and record keeping
- Credits and references document
- End User License Agreement
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license based the average number of students participating in this lesson per year, for use within one parish or school. Once you purchase this license, you may continue to use the materials yearly without additional cost unless your participant count exceeds that of the higher number on the participant range listed on your order confirmation. You are allowed to make copies of the materials or email them to participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any public web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
The Pastoral Center
In the hypersexualized culture created by the sexual revolution, what could be more important that giving parents and teachers the tools to talk with our children about authentic love? No virtue is more countercultural than chastity, no character strength more essential for growing in goodness and closeness to God. God bless Kieran Sawyer and Kathie Amidei for giving us a fresh resource for tackling this crucial challenge.