A Whole Family Program to Guide Discussions about Loving Relationships & Safe Environment
This once-a-year program gives parents and guardians the tools they need to help their children—from pre-school through high school—to understand and navigate the ever-changing world of relationships. It empowers families to talk about relationships, sex, and sexual abuse in an easy-to-implement, ongoing educational program that addresses critical life issues.
Adolescents who participate in the 9th grade session of the L.I.F.E. program with their parents will:
- Become more comfortable in talking with their own parents about issues of sexuality, chastity, and abuse.
- Understand the four basic kinds of relationships — Love, Infatuation, Friendship, and Exploitation – as these are lived out in their lives and the lives of others.
- Realize that one of the major aspects of becoming an adult is learning how to give and receive authentic love.
- Understand the distinction between an infatuation relationship (that moves naturally from noticing to sexual intercourse) and a real love relationship (that grows gradually from friendship to an intimate friendship, to a deep love commitment and marriage.)
- Realize that in God’s plan for love, these two relationships are meant to develop together, so that each step on the infatuation line is an authentic sign of a growing love commitment.
- Become aware of their own experiences of sexual attraction and learn to respond appropriately in relationships that have a sexual component.
- Become cognizant of how much their own understanding of sexuality is influenced by society, their peers, and the media.
- Become aware of the reality of sexual exploitation of teens by adults and by other teens, and learn how to respond to any experience of sexual abuse — past, present, or future.
- Receive the Deuteronomy Blessing and a hug from their parents.
The Grade 9 Lesson Package includes the following:
- 2-page introductory letter and material tutorial
- 29-page guided lesson plan with classroom adaptation instructions and master copies of all facilitator materials
- 11-page master Activity Book for duplication
- 52-slide PowerPoint presentation for in-session guidance
- 6-page master Parent Follow-Up Packet for duplication and record keeping
- Credits and references document
- End User License Agreement
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license based the average number of students participating in this lesson per year, for use within one parish or school. Once you purchase this license, you may continue to use the materials yearly without additional cost unless your participant count exceeds that of the higher number on the participant range listed on your order confirmation. You are allowed to make copies of the materials or email them to participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any public web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
The Pastoral Center
In the hypersexualized culture created by the sexual revolution, what could be more important that giving parents and teachers the tools to talk with our children about authentic love? No virtue is more countercultural than chastity, no character strength more essential for growing in goodness and closeness to God. God bless Kieran Sawyer and Kathie Amidei for giving us a fresh resource for tackling this crucial challenge.