Helping Our Family Whole Family Catechesis
What is more important to us as catechetical leaders than finding effective ways to bring parents into the process and helping them succeed?
The sessions correspond to the main topics in all major Catholic catechesis programs, drawn from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Here’s how the process works:
- It happens in place of the regular parish religious ed. classes or during special “whole family gatherings” for the families of Catholic school children.
- Families (bringing parents and children of all ages together) attend, sit, and work together.
- The process coaches parents to teach their own children.
- Special attention is paid to non-Catholic parents, families with children in more than one age group, and households not regularly active in parish life.
- An optional dismissal of young children is offered.