Help your people experience the Stations of the Cross more deeply
Today, as we follow the fourteen Stations of the Cross, we follow in Jesus' footsteps, pausing to reflect on his experiences, and meeting persons who hurt him, helped him, and loved him. Journey to the Cross offers an informative and meditative format in which participants can share with Jesus in his journey, think and pray about his crucifixion, explore the meaning it can have in their own lives, and understand the relationship between grief and Easter hope. The experience is presented in five 60-90 minute sessions, which may be combined into a longer retreat event.
Journey to the Cross is designed to help participants:
- learn about the Lenten devotion known as the Stations of the Cross
- worship using the Stations of the Cross
- understand and share Jesus’ feelings and experiences on the way to Calvary
- identify with the persons—good and bad—who were involved in his crucifixion
- prepare for Easter hope
The five sessions are:
- Introduction and History of the Stations of the Cross
- Jesus is Condemned—The Journey Begins
- Jesus is Given Help—Simon and Veronica
- Living with Wounds—Mary, Jesus’ Mother
- The Journey into Hope—Jesus is Crucified
This kit provides everything you need to present this experience to your people:
- Detailed leader notes—with instructions and talking points—for facilitating each session
- Reproducible participant handouts
- A reproducible Stations of the Cross script (booklet or handout format) with artwork. You may also use any other script of your preference.
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
The Pastoral Center / LeaderResources