Your families are busy, and they need help to slow down long enough to set their intentions for the Lenten season. Gather your families for a fun, prayerful parish event to help them do this preparation in community. This session will gently encourage them to choose some commitments together.
This resource from Sr. Janet includes talking points and four activities from which you can choose:
- "Take Time" Family Lenten game, which prompts families to discuss the Lenten season and meaningful moments in their lives.
- Little Lenten Living Boxes, which families will make and fill with slips of paper that will prompt them to take simple prayerful actions throughout the season.
- Our Lenten Calendar leads them through the special days during the season, pointing out opportunities for them to connect with their faith. (The calendar is updated for each year.)
- Almsgiving helps families learn about the Rice Bowl project from Catholic Relief Services and decide if they want to commit to it. It can be adapted or expanded to include local service opportunities/
This event kit includes everything you need to host this event, including:
- Event schedule and preparation notes.
- Leader talking points.
- Handouts for each activity
- Closing prayer
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
The Pastoral Center
Janet Schaeffler, OP—an Adrian Dominican Sister—has spent many years in parish and archdiocesan catechetical ministry (most recently as Director of Adult Faith Formation for the archdiocese of Detroit). The author of hundreds of articles and several publications in catechetical and parish ministry, her articles can be found in The Priest, Catechetical Leader, Catechist, Ministry and Liturgy, etc. Janet currently accompanies others on their faith-journey through days of reflection/retreats, parish missions, workshops, catechist formation opportunities, adult faith formation opportunities, Myers-Briggs explorations, and online courses.