Exploring tough questions facing youth today • Also available as an eResource
OPEN THE BIBLE • Help youth apply the Bible to real life and discuss their faith. This all-in-one curriculum guides youth and their leaders on a journey for meaning and identity. In Real Life encourages youth to ask the hard questions, and helps them encounter Scripture in search of answers. In a time of violence, injustice, materialism, and new pressures, this series offers a different point of view. Compatible with a whole family approach.
In the vastness of space and time, why would the great Creator of the universe choose humans for a special relationship, and love us through life, death, and back into life?
Society sends messages defining what and who we need to be—“somebody.” God has a different message—a message of unconditional love. Through stories of biblical characters, youth will discover what the Bible has to say about living in harmony with their Creator, where we find our self-worth, gain strength against the onslaught of society’s pressures, and can help each other navigate those rocky paths. (6 sessions, plus extender session)
- A Crown of Honor • Since youth often struggle with identity and a sense of self-worth, help them see how, though we are mere specks in the universe, we are created “very good,” worthy to be here, and are intimately connected to the Creator who made such an amazing universe.
- Love for the Unloved • With adolescence being a time of feeling unloved, help group members learn how to recognize and feel the love God has for them.
- On Being Holy • Help youth boost their self-esteem by keeping clean the “temples” of their bodies, since they are a sacred dwelling place for God.
- The "In" Crowd • With youth struggling and searching for acceptance in social groups, give them a place to belong where they are accepted.
- Contents Under Pressure • With many tugs at their loyalties, participants need help to see faithfulness to God as their strength and shield against the onslaught of pressure.
- Humility and Self-Confidence • For true strength, help participants develop humility and self-confidence based on being committed children of God.
- Community Stargazing (Extender Session option) • Since youth often struggle with identity and a sense of self-worth, help them see how, though we are mere specks in the universe, we are created “very good,” worthy to be here, and are intimately connected to the Creator who made such an amazing universe.
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
|Format:||Paperback + eResource|
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
The Pastoral Center