Growing Up Catholic offers a carefully tested and well-crafted sacramental formation process. It provides the immediate preparation for First Reconciliation, First Communion, and/or Confirmation in restored order.
Growing Up Catholic sacramental preparation is:
- Designed to coach parents to share their faith with their children.
- Based on handouts, which empower parents, help children learn, keep costs down, and extend faith into the household with long-lasting effects.
- Focused on bringing faith home with at-home activities. We send families home with a household plan.
- About loving Jesus! We want to help the children (and the parents!) fall deeper in love with Jesus, not just absorb theological knowledge.
- Available in multiple formats: different age groups (7-9, 10-14), English & Spanish, U.S. and Commonwealth countries, and flexibility to work well in parishes, schools, homes, rural areas, and more.
- Affordable: delivered as either an eResource that you print yourself or affordable color booklets, keeping your costs down.
When we coach young parents to become the primary ones who form their children for the sacraments, we do three big things:
- We evangelize and call the parents to greater faith, even if both are not Catholic.
- We begin a conversation about faith between the parent and child.
- We set the stage for a lifetime of faith.
Read leader documents, view sample pages, and learn more at GrowingUpCatholic.com.
Order a free, complete preview or pre-order here.
Questions about how it works? Give us a call at the number above. We're happy to talk about how it can work in your parish!
This edition provides the immediate preparation for First Reconciliation, across six sessions.
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
The Pastoral Center
Bill Huebsch is an author, theologian, former director of religious education, and long-time Catholic publishing professional. He is also a husband, a widely-published and award-winning author, a gardener, a university professor, and a pretty qualified corkscrew operator. He has been a farmer, a marketing director, arts administrator, director of religious education, and diocesan administrator. Bill has published nearly thirty books as well as numerous articles, booklets, and screenplays.
Bill is the founder of the online Pastoral Center and past president of Twenty-Third Publications. Bill writes and teaches extensively on the catechetical mission of the Church and on the importance of continuing to implement the vision of the Second Vatican Council.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I recommend changing the coloring sheet in lesson 2,pg 9. This page looks like "Disney."