27 minute online video course • Comes with a license to use with your whole parish, school, or organization
How can I help my church better care for Creation?
- Where should I start?
- When should I act?
- Who are my allies?
- What resources are available?
At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- inspire one's community to act for Creation care;
- make a plan to begin an ecological transition of the parish;
- mobilize other parishioners to form a green committee.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- When does the course start and finish? The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
- How long do I have access to the course? You will have unlimited access to this course - across any and all devices you own.
- What if I am unhappy with the course? We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
- I am Catholic/Protestant/Orthodox, can I still take courses here? Yes. Christians of all denominations will find these courses helpful. While it has some Catholic emphasis, the vast majority of information comes from the common Christian Tradition.
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
The Pastoral Center
NORMAN LÉVESQUE, M.Th., has been a lecturer on Creation Care since 2005. He holds a Master's degree in practical theology, and his thesis was on Creation Care as a new ministry in the Church. He is the founder of the Green Churches Network in Canada. He has worked as a diocesan animator for Creation Care Ministry in the Diocese of Saint-Jean-Longueuil (South Shore of Montreal, Canada). He received an honorable mention from the Diocesan Order of Merit in 2007. He wrote the practical guide Greening Your Church (Novalis 2014) and he co-authored the book Les pages vertes de la Bible (Novalis, 2011) with David Fines.
He is also a science educator, formerly a science teacher. He holds a graduate degree in Atmospheric Science from the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM, 2008). He works as a scientific educator in an environmental museum.