When you eat with Jesus, anything can happen! • A VBS for Eucharistic Revival
COMING IN LATE 2023 • MORE DETAILS TO COME…
An interactive VBS where children learn that everyone is welcome at God’s table! The five Bible stories in this curriculum explore stories about Jesus from the Gospels of Luke and John. These stories show Jesus eating with unexpected people, providing food for a crowd, demonstrating
humility, and extending welcome and forgiveness. Through worship and drama, Bible study, art and science projects, and active games, children are welcomed to taste and share at God’s table, where there is always enough! Come to the Table invites children to see that God loves and welcomes all people and challenges them to share that same love and hospitality in their everyday lives.
Each day starts with relationship-building, joint worship, music, prayer, and a dramatic presentation of the Bible story.
- Be Our Guest (Luke 14:15–24) • Food for thought: Everyone is welcome at God’s table.
- Jesus and the Giant Picnic (John 6:1–14) • Food for thought: There is more than enough at God’s table.
- Guess Who’s Coming for Dinner (Luke 19:1–10) • Food for thought: Jesus’ welcome changes everything.
- A Supper to Remember (Luke 22:13–20; John 13:1–20) • Food for thought: Jesus shows us what love looks like.
- Breakfast on the Beach (John 21:1–17) • Food for thought: We can love like Jesus.
Purchase this for access to downloadable electronic files. All items are reproducible except as noted. It includes the following:
- Director Guide
- Worship & Drama Guide
- Active Response Guide (Games)
- Bible Response Guide
- Creative Response Guide
- Early Childhood Leader Guide (preschool track)
Music (only for use within VBS; CDs/MP3 download cards for families sold separately)
- Sing-along music videos (streaming and download)
- MP3 song files
- Powerpoint Song Lyrics
- Songbook (lyrics, scores, motions)
Marketing and promotional
- Invitation poster
- Invitation postcards
- Logo artwork (use to create your own t-shirts or documents)
Child booklet previews (with watermark - not reproducible)
- A Scoop of Stories (for early childhood)
- Dig In (for grades 1-5)
- Send-Home Parent Engagement Letters (English & Spanish)
- Many creative suggestions and ideas on the VBS Pinterest board.
- Reproducible tools: certificates of participation, registration forms, leader assignment cards, name tags, thank you notes, and much more.
This program is a collaboration between The Pastoral Center and Shine Curriculum. Adapted and reprinted with permission from Come to the Table. © 2021 Shine Curriculum, Harrisonburg, VA 22803. All rights reserved.
Your License. You are allowed to make unlimited copies of this eResource for use within your own VBS, with the exception of the music and child booklets. If you wish to send the music home with your families, you must purchase bulk-priced CDs from us for that purpose. Booklets are sold only in print. If you serve more than one VBS, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site (without explicit permission to do so). Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our eResource licenses.
The Pastoral Center & MennoMedia