What is more important to us as catechetical leaders than finding effective ways to bring parents into the process and helping them succeed?
This process gives you everything you need for 11 parent gatherings, including a leader’s guide, outlines, participant handouts, and talking points. Gather parents while their children are in class, on special parent evenings, or as part of a PTA meeting.
The sessions correspond to the main topics in all major Catholic catechesis programs, drawn from the Catechism of the Catholic Church. They help parents understand what their children are learning, and coach them on how to discuss the topic with them.
Each parent can attend three of five “stops”:
- How to address the topic with children Pre-K through age 8
- How to address the topic with children ages 9-13
- How to address the topic with junior/senior high children
- General theological background
- Ideas for building households of faith (including seasonal connections)
- How to Talk about God
- How to Live in the Love of the Trinity
- How to Meet & Walk with Jesus
- How to Love the Church
- How to Live within Catholic Morality
- How to Celebrate Liturgy & the Sacraments
- How to Build the Reign of God
- How to Love the Bible More
- How to Pray Well
- How to Live by Catholic Social Teachings
- How to Understand Chastity
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
The Pastoral Center