This eResource kit gives you everything you need to give an overview Powerpoint presentation on The Joy of Love and lead a group discussion (60-90 minute event). Your license gives you permission to share the documents within your entire parish, school community, or diocesan office. We also give you the source files (Powerpoint and Microsoft Word) so you can edit them yourself. Use this kit with:
- Your parish or school staff
- Your pastoral council and/or leadership teams
- A parish-wide gathering
- Parents during faith formation classes or at a PTA meeting
- RCIA groups
- Any other parish groups
The kit includes:
- Powerpoint Presentation (53 slides) - Beautifully designed slides with short bullet points, as well as more detailed talking points in the presenter notes.
- Event Outline (2 pages) - Helpful tips on how to organize and facilitate a parish gathering.
- Detailed talking points (15 pages) - Full notes to speak from, with references to the related paragraphs in Pope Francis' document for each point.
- Presentation summary (2 pages) - A shorter bullet-point summary to distribute or use as the basis for later discussions.
- Reflection questions (2 pages) - Discussion questions for each section of the presentation.
- Prayers (4 pages) - An opening and closing prayer for your gathering, as well as two prayers to take home (one for couples and one for families).
- Logo - Use our artwork to make flyers or posters promoting your event.
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
The Pastoral Center
Paul Canavese serves as director of The Pastoral Center (PastoralCenter.com), author, frequent conference speaker, and pastoral consultant. He has his MTS from the Franciscan School of Theology in Berkeley. He directs GrowingUpCatholic.com (focused on coaching parents) and GospelLiving.org ("intentional daily life Catholicism"). He has served in a wide range of parish ministries, most recently as a pastoral consultant at Corpus Christi Parish in Piedmont, CA. Paul also has 20 years of experience in software development and management with technology startups and social media. Along with his wife Ann, two daughters, and seven chickens, he lives in Alameda, CA, where they operate a mini-urban farm and looks for creative ways to build community in their neighborhood.
Ann Naffziger has her MDiv from the Jesuit School of Theology and MA in Biblical Languages from the Graduate Theological Union, both in Berkeley. Ann has worked in a variety of parish roles, as well as serving as a hospital chaplain, spiritual director, scripture instructor, and adjunct faculty member at the Jesuit School of Theology at Santa Clara University. She has written articles in the field of spirituality and scripture for America, BustedHalo.com, Commonweal, The National Catholic Reporter, Spiritual Life: A Journal of Contemplative Spirituality, and other publications. Ann is the author of The Catholic Way, annual Advent & Lent bookets, and a variety of other pastoral resources published by The Pastoral Center, which she co-directs with her husband Paul Canavese. She is also a Master Gardener and girls' softball coach. She lives in Alameda, CA, with her husband and two daughters.