Each resource in this best-selling series has 13 lessons which are...
- Multi-aged--perfect for kids from Kindergarten through 5th grade.
- Flexible--works for 2 kids...12 kids...20 kids!
- Easy-to-teach--so even beginners lead great lessons--week after week!
Every lesson is packed with activities, stories, creative options, and take-home pages that kids tuck into their very own travel journals! Plus there are helpful Tour Guide Tips for teachers and Scenic Routes that stretch lessons with exciting extras.
Invite children to go on a journey with you through the parables. Like the parables themselves, the 13 journeys in this book will surprise, comfort, and challenge your children. Kids (levels K-5th grade) will explore some of the "greatest hits" of the parables of Jesus, from the more familiar ones such as the Good Samaritan and Prodigal Son, to lesser known ones, such as the Tower Builder and the Persistent Widow.
In each of these 13 lessons, you will take your kids on a travel adventure with:
- Departure Prayer designed for children to add their own words of prayer.
- First Stop Discovery: Narrated enactment or group activity exploring the lesson's Bible Story.
- Story Excursions: Dive deeper into the teachings of the parable.
- Adventures in Growing: Activities (board games, comic strips, and more) show kids ways of living out the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily lives.
- Home Again Prayer closes the lesson.
- Souvenirs: Kids create pages that go into a notebook to remind them of what they have learned about God's laws.
You will also get:
- Tour Guide Tips: Ideas you can use to enhance or adapt the lesson for different ages.
- Items to Pack: Supplies and props for the journey.
- Scenic Routes give you more creative options.
- Fun Facts: Jokes and interesting tidbits related to the lesson.
- Reproducible pages: Games, role-playing, situations like School and "Fruity Situations", board games, fill-in cartoon strips and artwork patterns.
Table of Contents
- The Parable of the Yeast
- God grows his kingdom in amazing ways.
- Matthew 13:33
- The Parable of the Talents
- God wants us to do our best with the talents he gives us.
- The Parable of the Prodigal Son
- God forgives us when we sin.
- Luke 15:11-32
- The Parable of the Lost Sheep
- God cares for each of us.
- Matthew 18:10-14
- The Parable of the Vineyard Laborers
- God is fair and gracious to everyone.
- Matthew 20:1-15
- The Parable of the Mustard Seed
- God makes the smallest faith grow wildly.
- Matthew 13:31-32
- The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant
- God wants us to show mercy to others.
- Matthew 18:21-35
- The Parable of the Rich Farmer
- God wants us to live for what matters most.
- Luke 12:13-21
- The Parable of the Sower
- God wants to grow the seeds of faith planted in us.
- Mark 4:1-20
- The Parable of the Tower Builder
- God asks us to count the cost of being a disciple of Jesus.
- Luke 14:25-35
- The Parable of the Feast That the Invited Guests Refused to Attend
- God wants us in heaven with him.
- Luke 14:12-24
- The Parable of the Persistent Widow
- God wants us to keep praying, no matter what.
- Luke 18:1-8
- The Parable of the Good Samaritan
- God wants us to care for others.
- Luke 10:25-37
- Matthew 25:14-30
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
|1-2 copies||$20.90 each|
|3-5 copies||$19.80 each|
|6+ copies||$18.70 each|