Exploring tough questions facing youth today• Also available in print (with eResource)
OPEN THE BIBLE • Help youth apply the Bible to real life and discuss their faith. This all-in-one curriculum guides youth and their leaders on a journey for meaning and identity. In Real Life encourages youth to ask the hard questions, and helps them encounter Scripture in search of answers. In a time of violence, injustice, materialism, and new pressures, this series offers a different point of view. Compatible with a whole family approach.
Also available in print (with eResource)
What makes Christianity Christian?
This unit will ferry youth through six basic tenets of the Christian faith—liberation, covenant, salvation, baptism, discipleship, and community—in a roughly chronological look at salvation history and how believers respond to it. Baptism marks our decision to embark on a life of following Jesus in the company of the faith community. This short course on the basics is a way to test the waters (baptismal) of Christianity before diving in, or to get a refresher. (6 sessions, plus extender session)
- Your Basic "Way Out" God • For participants who sometimes wonder whether or not God is involved in human history, introduce them to this turning point in salvation history—the exodus.
- Your Basic Covenant • As youth are acquiring values, invite them to order their lives around these ten words of covenant, as a response to God’s faithfulness.
- Your Basic Salvation • Challenge participants to accept Jesus’ unconditional offer of healing and hope, which is salvation.
- Your Basic Baptism • Invite participants to consider the meaning of baptism as welcoming God’s message into their lives, and being welcomed into the community of God’s forgiven people.
- Your Basic Radical Discipleship • Present participants with an invitation to discipleship as a way of life, a natural response of people who have given themselves to Christ.
- Your Basic Community • In the midst of a world where everybody is out for themselves, help participants see the interdependence of the community of faith as a “basic” of being Christian.
- Celebrations (Extender Session option) • Understand the Jewish celebration of liberation by participating in a modified Seder. • Hold a footwashing service (or other similar symbol) to demonstrate another basic of Christian life—service.
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
The Pastoral Center