Exploring tough questions facing youth today• Also available in print (with eResource)
OPEN THE BIBLE • Help youth apply the Bible to real life and discuss their faith. This all-in-one curriculum guides youth and their leaders on a journey for meaning and identity. In Real Life encourages youth to ask the hard questions, and helps them encounter Scripture in search of answers. In a time of violence, injustice, materialism, and new pressures, this series offers a different point of view. Compatible with a whole family approach.
Also available in print (with eResource)
What is the best way to view and deal with conflict?
Even if it’s uncomfortable, even painful, conflict is a necessary part of the most loving, harmonious, and united relationships. It’s not something inherently bad or dangerous. The Bible is packed with records of conflicts, from Adam and Eve, to Abraham, to Moses, to the prophets, to Jesus, and particularly among early Christian communities. Today’s youth are learning to see conflict as a positive force for transformation, and this study can help them learn how to respond with skill and insight. It is through an appreciation of differences that we can bring life, excitement, and positive change to our relationships. (5 sessions, plus extender session)
- Differences Make the Difference • Help participants challenge their negative assumptions about differences and open themselves to the positive effects of healthy conflict.
- Truth and Love!
Or Dare?• Help participants become aware of their own feelings about conflict, in order to free them to deal with conflict truthfully and lovingly.
- Say What!? • Help participants learn specific skills for speaking and listening.
- Send the Very Best: Yourself! • Help participants understand how reconciliation happens, and what they can do to help heal a broken relationship.
- Be a Friend: Mediate! • Introduce participants to the principle of third party mediation.
- Practical Mediation (Extender Session option) • Help participants better understand the practical application of the mediation process and gain more practice in third-party mediation.
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
The Pastoral Center