Gather your parents for faith-sharing and conversation while their children are in faith formation classes!
These small group sessions for parents are about where the rubber meets the road: the challenges and joys of parenting today. Here is a great way your parish or school can accompany your parents as they fulfill their important vocation. Help your parents enter into meaningful conversations about how their faith informs their parenting and way of life and connect with other parents. In our experience, when you gather parents to discuss issues such as these, it's hard to get them to stop talking!
View all parent session resources here.
with Sullivan Oakley and Ann Naffziger
This small group series leads parents through conversations about how families can become more balanced, empathetic, and loving. Weaving in familiar examples, recent wisdom from Pope Francis, and insights from our faith tradition, this series will kick off rich, lively discussions and give parents practical tools to bring home with them.
The sessions include:
- Wasting Time with Family - How to live in relationship as a family / How to help our children grow in empathy
- Rules, Rules, Rules - Finding the right balance in setting rules / An inductive process that motivates children to do the right thing
- Habits of the Heart - Household rituals and responsibilities / The importance of forgiveness and reconciliation in families
- Decision Making & Prayer - Helping children develop the life skill of making decisions / Making time and space to listen
- Self Esteem & Failure - Why failure is important / Insights on honesty and lying
- Seek First the Kingdom - Dealing with stress and anxiety / Building in rest and quiet
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
The Pastoral Center
Dr. Kathleen O'Connell Chesto is a well-known author and speaker on family spirituality who draws on her many experiences as a wife and mother. She holds a doctor of ministry degree from Hartford Seminary and a master of arts in religious studies from St. Joseph College in West Hartford.