Gather your parents for faith-sharing and conversation while their children are in faith formation classes!
These small group sessions for parents are about where the rubber meets the road: the challenges and joys of parenting today. Here is a great way your parish or school can accompany your parents as they fulfill their important vocation. Help your parents enter into meaningful conversations about how their faith informs their parenting and way of life and connect with other parents. In our experience, when you gather parents to discuss issues such as these, it's hard to get them to stop talking!
View all parent session resources here.
In this six-week series, Sr. Janet Schaeffler leads parents through reflections on common family and parenting issues from a faith perspective. Topics include:
- 1. When Kids Ask Tough Questions - Reflections on tricky questions kids ask, how to best receive them, and guidelines for responding.
- 2. The Child in the Pew - Insights on why we bring children to mass (even when they can't understand everything), ideas for navigating mass with them, and suggestions for after the liturgy.
- 3. Stress Survival Manual: How Faith Can Help Your Family Cope - Tips for how parents and the family as a whole can combat stress and embrace positive family time.
- 4. Teaching Your Children Generosity - Ideas for raising generous children and how to be generous together as a family.
- 5. Conversations amidst a Noisy World - An exploration of family conversation, including guidelines for communicating well with children, asking good questions, and planning family meetings.
- 6. Talking to Your Children about God - Reflections on how children meet and understand God, and ways to approach their questions.
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
The Pastoral Center
Janet Schaeffler, OP—an Adrian Dominican Sister—has spent many years in parish and archdiocesan catechetical ministry (most recently as Director of Adult Faith Formation for the archdiocese of Detroit). The author of hundreds of articles and several publications in catechetical and parish ministry, her articles can be found in The Priest, Catechetical Leader, Catechist, Ministry and Liturgy, etc. Janet currently accompanies others on their faith-journey through days of reflection/retreats, parish missions, workshops, catechist formation opportunities, adult faith formation opportunities, Myers-Briggs explorations, and online courses.