For whole family and other settings • Downloadable and reproducible • Teach the faith through the lives and examples of the saints
In this series, Phyllis Vos Wezeman brings saints to life in creative ways, helping learners explore their inspiring lives through a variety of learning methods built for Multiple Intelligences. Separate guides are provided for whole family catechesis settings and general classroom use.
We know that children (and adults!) learn in many different ways, using a combination of learning styles. This resource draws on research on Multiple Intelligences and offers appropriate exercises, activities, and other lesson ides that fit each of the eight styles:
- Bodily/Kinesthetic Intelligence: "Body Smart"
- Interpersonal/Relational Intelligence: "People Smart"
- Intrapersonal/Introspective Intelligence: "Self Smart"
- Logical/Mathematical Intelligence: "Logic/Number/Reasoning Smart"
- Musical/Rhythmic Intelligence: "Music/Sound Smart"
- Naturalist Intelligence: "Nature Smart"
- Verbal/Linguistic Intelligence: "Word Smart"
- Visual/Spatial Intelligence: "Picture Smart"
It utilizes many methods of learning, including architecture, art, banners, creative writing, culinary arts, dance, drama, games, gesture, music, photography, puppetry, storytelling, and textiles.
The resource includes a comprehensive general leader guide with bakground on the Multiple Intelligences approach, and helpful, comprehensive resources for each activity, including material lists, references, talking points, parent instruction sheets, handouts, and more.
These exercises and activities are easily adaptable and enjoyable from children in primary grades through teens and adults, either in large or small group settings.
This volume includes eight activities each for three saints:
St. Joan of Arc
- People Body Puppets • Bodily/Kinesthetic • Art/Puppetry/Storytelling
- Literary Circles • Interpersonal • Art/Creative Writing/Photography/Storytelling
- Crest of Symbols • Intrapersonal • Art/Photography
- Timeline of Life • Logical/Mathematical • Art/Creative Writing/Games
- Ballad about St. Joan of Arc • Musical/Rhythmic • Creative Writing/Music
- Psalm Photos • Naturalist • Creative Writing/Photography
- First Person Sexton Story • Verbal/Linguistic • Drama/Storytelling
- Personal Pennants • Visual/Spatial • Art/Banners/Textiles/Creative Writing
St. Thomas Becket
- Pass It Game • Bodily/Kinesthetic • Games
- Pennant Banner • Interpersonal • Art/Banners/Textiles
- Sealed Message • Intrapersonal • Art
- Archbishop Rod Puppet • Logical/Mathematical • Puppetry
- "Last First" Syllable Story • Musical/Rhythmic • Storytelling
- Religious Symbol Rubbing • Naturalist • Art
- First Person Knight Story • Verbal/Linguistic • Drama/Storytelling
- Stained Glass Window • Visual/Spatial • Art
- Truth or Fable Game • Bodily/Kinesthetic • Creative Writing/Games/Storytelling
- "Life of St. Agnes" Jeopardy Game • Interpersonal • Creative Writing/Games
- "Commitment to God Means..." Essays • Intrapersonal • Creative Writing
- Vocabulary Words Dictionary • Logical/Mathematical • Art/Creative Writing
- "Jesus Loves Me" Fingerprint Heart • Musical/Rhythmic • Art/Music/Storytelling
- Sheep Symbol Stoles • Naturalist • Art/Banners/Textiles
- First Person Father Story • Verbal/Linguistic • Drama/Storytelling
- View Visual Art • Visual/Spatial • Art/Photography
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
The Pastoral Center