Winner of the 2017 Catholic Press Association Book Award: Collections of Prayers (First Place).
Are you a Catholic mom who prays for the wisdom and patience to get through each day? Do you pray for your children, husband, family and friends, and sometimes even yourself? The Catholic Mom’s Prayer Companion offers a new, daily resource to make the most of those few, precious minutes you have to pause and reflect.
For more than fifteen years, the award-winning CatholicMom.com website has been a trusted source for sound, practical, and spiritual guidance. In their new book, authors Lisa M. Hendey and Sarah A. Reinhard bring together more than eighty moms, dads, and trusted spiritual companions to provide fresh, uplifting meditations for every day of the year. You’ll find encouragement when you’re struggling, reassurance when you feel alone, and comfort when you’re distracted by worry.
Created by moms for moms, these hope-filled meditations touch on the issues and concerns you face as you try to get through the day with a sense of God’s presence in your life. Whether you are a new or seasoned mom working in or outside of your home, this inspiring collection of reflections for every day of the year will help you
- stay in touch with the seasons of the Church year;
- remember Mary’s loving presence on her feast days;
- keep company with both new and familiar saints;
- see the spiritual meaning of secular holidays; and
- make you smile with occasions such as Houseplant Appreciation Day and National Popcorn Day.
Each day begins with a brief quotation from scripture, saints, recent popes, or important spiritual writers. A personal reflection—written by contributors including Danielle Bean, Donna-Marie Cooper O’Boyle, Lisa Mladinich, Elizabeth Scalia, Carolyn Woo, Mark Hart, and Jeff Young—focuses on some dimension of your spiritual, emotional, intellectual, or physical life. Each day also includes a brief prayer and a question or thought to ponder throughout the day.
In just a few minutes of quiet you’ll find the boost you need from a friendly voice. Each month also has a special theme such as love, family fun, and slowing down. Start these reflections any time throughout the year and feel your days become more grace-filled and inspired.
Features & Benefits
- CatholicMom.com was launched in 2000 and includes contributions from more than 150 columnists who write about topics ranging from technology to music and NFP, to parenting humor.
- Reflection contributors include many well-known Catholic writers such as Danielle Bean, Donna-Marie Cooper O’Boyle, Sonja Corbitt, Elizabeth Ficocelli, Maria Morera Johnson, Lisa Mladinich, Elizabeth Scalia, and Carolyn Woo.
- In 2015, Hendey and Reinhard were awarded first place by the Catholic Press Association for best group or association blog for CatholicMom.com.
|Dimensions:||5" x 7"|
Ave Maria Press
|1-2 copies||$15.26 each|
|3-5 copies||$14.41 each|
|6+ copies||$13.56 each|
"The Catholic Mom’s Prayer Companion is packed full of reflections that are both insightful and eminently relatable. Five minutes with this book will get your day off to a great start.
Catholic radio host and author of Something Other Than God
"The Catholic Mom's Prayer Companion provides reflections and prayers that meet busy moms right where they are. As a mother, it gives me quick reflections and prayers that help me re-center my day on Jesus and Mary.
Catholic speaker and author of Reclaim Your Beauty
This is a book to treasure—a daily companion and reminder of your beautiful vocation as a mother and an invitation to join a community of women around the world who are praying with and for you. We highly recommend it!
Catholic speakers and authors of Just Married and Then Comes Baby
Like a finely crafted mosaic, The Catholic Mom’s Prayer Companion blends hundreds of distinctive mini-reflections into one rich and rewarding work. Busy moms looking for a down-to-earth devotional can thank Lisa Hendey, Sarah Reinhard, and their diverse group of contributors for reminding us that there is eternal value in the way we spend our ordinary time.
Journalist and author of My Sisters the Saints