Welcome to the #synodjourney! We’re delighted to walk the synod road with you, beginning with this free reproducible toolkit, packed with practical, pastoral tools for the journey. Our goal is to connect with you who are already on the way, and to help you unleash the Spirit of synodality in your parish/diocese.
- One free hour of consultation with the Pentecost Vigil Project team via phone or email.
- What Is Synodality? (30 pages) • An eBook collection of the blogs written by PVP President Debbie Stollery exploring the various dimensions of this way of being the Church in the third millennium.
- 10 Characteristics of a Synodal Parish/Diocese (2 pages) • A handout describing what synodality will look like when it’s being practiced. Great for pastors, parish staffs and councils who prefer to see what they are reaching for and what to expect from embracing synodality.
- Synod Style Small Group Reflection Guide (2 pages) • A step-by-step look at how to carry out the kind of Spirit-centered listening synodality calls for.
- Questions to Use with People with Disabilities (2 pages) • Pope Francis is urging us to go to the margins, to listen to the baptized who live in that space and welcome their voices. Here, compliments of the Office for Pastoral Ministry with Persons with Disabilities from the Archdiocese of Newark, are some questions to prompt conversation.
- The Listening Resource Sheet (1 page) • Learn the importance of listening and how to improve this often overlooked communication skill. Resources include books, articles, and videos.
- 8 Features of Effective Listening (1 page) • So, how are your listening skills? Take a personal inventory of your listening skills with these 8 points on effective listening!
- You're Not Listening (55 pages) • This is an excerpt from You’re Not Listening: What You’re Missing and Why It Matters by Kate Murphy, published by Celadon Books. The full book is available for sale in the U.S. in hardcover, e-book, and audiobook.
- Trustworthiness/Trust (1 page) • Learn more about trustworthiness/trust and how to build it. Resources include books, articles, and videos.
- Parish Trust Assessment (2 pages) • Wondering how trustworthy/trusting your parish is? Take the assessment and discover!
- Leading Change (1 page) • Access this document for resources focused on leading change within your parish! Resources range from ebooks, articles, videos, and more.
- 5 Ways to Shepherd your People (1 page) • Discover 5 ways to change your staff/leader behaviors so that you can be more of a Shepherd to your flock.
- Courage - Gift & Craft: Unleash the Spirit's Gift of Courage (12 pages) • An eBook for ecclesial leaders to inspire and equip you to embark on the #synodjourney.
- 7 Ways to Make it Easier to Join Up/Join In (2 pages) • A short resource on how to make it easier for people to join up and join in your parish.
- Stop Lamenting and Start Connecting (3 pages) • 31 suggestions to reach across to those not coming to your parish.
- FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about Synodality (1 page) • This one-page resource makes a great bulletin insert or handout to introduce parishioners to synodality.
- Listening in Our Homes (2 pages) • A table tent card for families to use to begin to talk about what they love about the Church and what they wish was different. Perfect for individual households or for intergenerational faith formation settings in which elements of Phase 1 of the synod are part of introducing this way of being Church.
- General Dialogue Postcard (2 pages, 4-per-page) • A table tent card with questions to prompt synod style listening. Especially suited for parishes who want to continue the listening sessions from Phase 1 of the Synod on Synodality AND for those parishes who did not have the opportunity to participate.
- Informal Conversation Starter (2 pages) • A table tent card with a different set of questions than the General Dialogue card, to continue Phase 1 synod style listening or to begin a parish-wide synodal listening process.
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|