The LearningCycles series offers a creative approach to faith formation based on different learning styles, appropriate for K-5th graders. Each LearningCycles unit generally includes seven workshops: Art, Story & Games, Drama & Activity, Music, Kitchen, Movie, and Publishing. This series works well for whole family/intergenerational catechesis and is a great basis for grandparent camps or other vacation bible schools.
Baptism is a central sacrament and symbol of our faith. It is the moment when we become members of Christ’s body, the church, and inheritors of the Kingdom. It is in this sacramental moment that we are marked as God’s own forever and received into the community that will support us in our spiritual and personal growth.
This unit provides the opportunity for children to learn more about the history and importance of Baptism and explore the rich symbolism of water and the central doctrine of Trinity.
- Art Workshop – Tell the stories of your own baptisms and create baptismal banners to celebrate the symbols of baptism.
- Publishing Workshop – Write articles, responses, or interviews for a Baptism Newsletter.
- Drama Workshop – Explore the ritual and symbols of baptism through taking part in a modified blessing using water and baptismal themes.
- Movie Workshop – Watch videos of baptisms or baptismal celebrations and discuss how we prepare for special events or sacraments in the church. (Supporting DVDs can be found for sale here.)
- Story Workshop – Hear several stories of baptism and compare and contrast some of what is heard in each story. Reflect on your own observations or experiences of baptism.
- Kitchen Workshop – Do water or watercolor painting to symbolize some of the aspects of baptism and discuss the importance of water.
- Music Workshop – Experience music, movement, and prayer related to baptism.
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
The Pastoral Center / LeaderResources