The LearningCycles series offers a creative approach to faith formation based on different learning styles, appropriate for K-5th graders. Each LearningCycles unit generally includes seven workshops: Art, Story & Games, Drama & Activity, Music, Kitchen, Movie, and Publishing. This series works well for whole family/intergenerational catechesis and is a great basis for grandparent camps or other vacation bible schools.
How did the Bible come to be? How is it organized? Where can we find different stories or passages in this collection of books? In this LearningCycle, children will learn that the Bible is made up of many different books that represent different kinds of literature compiled over a very long period of time. It will also cover how the Bible differs from other well-known or popular books because it is a sacred text. It is God’s story and the story of God’s people, which means that it is our story as well.
This cycle encourages children to explore the Bible and become familiar with its history, its various books and stories, and its ability to speak to us about God and ourselves, even thousands of years after it was written!
- Art Workshop – Create individual, personal timelines and a Bible timeline with the whole class to illustrate that the books of the Bible were written at different times, by different people.
- Publishing Workshop – Play Bible trivia and other games to test and see what students might already know about the Bible and what they still have to learn!
- Drama Workshop – Do an archeological dig to think about where the Bible came from.
- Movie Workshop – Watch a video about the history of the Bible and facilitate a discussion on this topic.
- Story Workshop – Play a story & words matching game to emphasize the point that the Bible is a library with many different kinds of books and genres.
- Kitchen Workshop – Use a "baking with the Bible" recipe riddle to learn about how to find specific chapters and verses within the Bible.
- Music Workshop – Try to learn the books of the Bible in order with a song.
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
The Pastoral Center / LeaderResources