Exploring tough questions facing youth today• Also available in print (with eResource)
OPEN THE BIBLE • Help youth apply the Bible to real life and discuss their faith. This all-in-one curriculum guides youth and their leaders on a journey for meaning and identity. In Real Life encourages youth to ask the hard questions, and helps them encounter Scripture in search of answers. In a time of violence, injustice, materialism, and new pressures, this series offers a different point of view. Compatible with a whole family approach.
Also available in print (with eResource)
Can we experience “signs” and “miracles” like those in the Gospel of John?
Not unless we approach the topic of miracles with hearts open to mystery and wonder in the realm of a living, active, loving God. In John’s Gospel, the greatest miracle is that God became flesh and lived among us. John’s other miracles— the wonder of abundance from little, healing and restoration, signs of impossibility and faith—all point to the great act of the resurrection and the divinity of Jesus. We witness the miracles, too, and then respond by following the signs toward the Way of Jesus. (5 sessions, plus extender session)
- Tales of Wonder... Fact or Fiction • Help participants establish the role of signs in the Gospel of John, so they can begin to redefine what to expect from a miracle—a sign of God’s presence in our world.
- A Free Lunch? • Lead participants in discovering what Jesus’ “physical” signs say about God: that God cares for our physical as well as our spiritual needs.
- Faith, Healing, and Prayer • Help participants wrestle with the purpose of prayer and faith in terms of healing, seeing Jesus as the Giver of life, not a magician.
- Dancing on the Water • Encourage participants to look for signs of God’s presence in our world today in order to overcome fear.
- Looking for Resurrection • Teach participants to redirect their prayers for miracles to prayers for understand- ing of how God is glorified in everyday events of resurrection.
- Follow the Signs (Extender Session option) • Facilitate an opportunity for participants to live the outward signs of the Sign they follow, Jesus. (or) Explore further the connection of faith and healing.
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
The Pastoral Center