From a Protestant perspective
What if your church had more volunteers than you knew what to do with?
Sound far-fetched? It doesn't have to be. Connect uncovers the secret to doubling your volunteer base in as little as one day. Yes, you read that right.
This step-by-step guide shows you how to create a culture that attracts, keeps, and grows volunteers. It gives you the practical insight and tools you need to effectively involve people in serving your local church. You'll learn how to help people see the importance of serving, how to continually raise up new volunteers, how to really delegate, and more.
- Part 1. Adopting a Ministry Mindset
- 1. The Significance of Service: What Ministry Looks Like
- 2. Clarifying Your Theology of Ministry: Eight Biblical Principles for an Effective System
- Part 2. Creating Opportunity
- 3. A First Step into Service: Generating Points of Entry
- 4. The Power of New Beginnings: Recruiting New People for Ministry
- 5. Igniting Involvement: Additional Ways to Mobilize Volunteers
- Part 3. Cultivating the Ministry Ladder
- 6. Lake and Ladders: Helping Volunteers Take the Next Step
- 7. Lessons Learned the Hard Way: Suggestions, Tips, and Tactics
- 8. Calling Out the Called: Guiding People into Full-Time Vocational Ministry
- Part 4. Celebrating and Reproducing Servants
- 9. Ongoing Recruitment and Reproduction: The Key to a Constant Flow of Volunteers
- 10. Creating a Culture of Celebration: Showing Gratitude to People Who Serve
|Dimensions:||8.4" x 5½"|
|1-2 copies||$15.29 each|
|3-5 copies||$14.44 each|
|6+ copies||$13.59 each|
I can't say enough about the volunteer system Nelson outlines in Connect. Everywhere I go, I find myself recommending this to pastors who truly want to maximize the potential in their churches. Read this book with your team!
If every church leader read Connect and applied its teaching, the number of people actively engaged in serving God's kingdom would explode!
Nelson Searcy's simple tools and well-defined strategy are easily transferable, no matter what your ministry setting or challenges. Connect will help you 'connect' your people to life-giving service that is meaningful, sustainable, and enjoyable.
No one, to my knowledge, is as good at developing systems for recruiting, training, and deploying people in ministry as Nelson Searcy.
Nelson Searcy is the founding and lead pastor of The Journey Church. Started in 2002 in New York City, this groundbreaking church sees the majority of its growth coming from new believers and currently meets in locations in Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island, as well as additional locations in San Francisco and Boca Raton. Nelson is the recipient of the prestigious 2013 Donald A. McGavran Award for Outstanding Leadership in Great Commission Research. He is the author of more than seventy-five church growth resources and twelve books, including The Generosity Ladder, Maximize, Connect, and Ignite. Nelson is also an experienced church planter, coach, and church-growth strategist. Before to founding The Journey, he served as the director of the Purpose Driven Community at Saddleback Church. He is also the founder of ChurchLeaderInsights.com and the Renegade Pastors Network.
Jennifer Dykes Henson is a freelance writer based in New York City. She has served as a writer/producer and ministry consultant to organizations across the East Coast. Jennifer also worked with Dr. Charles Stanley as the manager of marketing communications for In Touch Ministries in Atlanta, Georgia .