The first-ever hard cover Catholic Children’s Bible is now better than ever! This complete Bible inspires and empowers children to read, understand, and love the Word of God, in a revised edition.
With new, easy-to-follow Reading Plans and colorful stickers, the stories of our Catholic faith come alive with vivid, awe-inspiring artwork, larger text, and design features that not only enhance comprehension but create enjoyment.
- Reading Plans with stickers guide children through themes like Great Stories of Faith, the Miracles of Jesus, Following Jesus, and The Mass
- Children will know and understand God’s saving plan, revealed through 125 Feature Story spreads highlighting key Bible passages.
- Understand It! sections enable children to comprehend central themes by using child-friendly backgrounds and commentary.
- Live It! instructions encourage children to apply the meaning of each story to their lives through engaging activities and prayers.
- Tell It! frames help children to retain and comprehend the passage by having them retell the story in their own words.
- Vibrant illustrations immediately engage children and allow them to “dive in” to Scripture and become immersed in the stories.
- Intentional navigational and design elements such as fonts built for early readers, increased line spacing, bold vocabulary words, colorized text, and column dividers help to make this a Bible children can easily navigate and read on their own.
|Dimensions:||6.61" x 10"|
Saint Mary's Press
|1-2 copies||$35.06 each|
|3-5 copies||$33.11 each|
|6+ copies||$31.16 each|
I attended a First Communion meeting today as a catechist and parent. Your representative presented some of the elements of The Catholic Children's Bible. I told her we use it during our second grade Parish School of Religion class because the children love it. Our students discovered page 15 (Bookshelves) and taught each other the order of the books. An awesome experience!
The Catholic Children’s Bible from Saint Mary's Press is the first children’s Bible that color-codes all the books, making it easier to use! It is the Bible a child can grow up with!
I attended the LA Congress this past weekend and purchased a copy of The Catholic Children’s Bible. I had a chance to look it over and I wanted to cry. I can’t believe somebody created this! I want to tell the whole world about it! I am emailing all of my catechists, friends, and family. There is nothing like this out there!
I just opened my Catholic Children’s Bible and I am shouting Alleluia! It has pictures and Scripture together! I’ve been in ministry over 30 years and this is exactly what we need! Saint Mary’s Press has always been on the cutting edge with their Bibles! THANK YOU!
Thank you so much for FINALLY giving us a Children's Bible! I kept searching for something to have for my children and I found it last year at a Conference in our area (Bishop Ricard's Conference). I was so excited I texted my friends to see if they wanted one -two had them within days. I also help with a women's group at my church, and will be sure to share with them this beautiful resource.
This is not a collection of favorite Bible stories, but a complete Bible, the Good News Translation. Still, many of the well-known Bible stories are highlighted and given added attention when they appear in the text. For example, in Exodus 12 the feast of Passover is further explained. Here the children are invited to think of times when they have been saved, and then they are encouraged to act out the biblical scene.
The pages are well laid out with large print and adequate spacing. Age-appropriate pictures are placed throughout the book. Colored tabs help to locate the various biblical books. In lieu of footnotes an asterisk appears after some versus, indicating that more information can be found in the Appendix at the end of the book. There one also finds a Bible Time Line, helpful maps, and aspects of Catholic culture such as the list of corporal and spiritual works of mercy, basic prayers, an explanation of the rosary, and a list of biblical passages for “special times.” This is a fine resource for children.