This concise, clear, and fascinating "guided tour" of the Old Testament:
- walks the reader through all the books of the Old Testament, highlighting the passages necessary to understand God's message.
- explains the circumstances in which each book was composed and describes the contents.
- shows maps of the Holy Land as it was configured in various centuries.
- offers questions for personal or group reflection.
- includes a complete key-word index with pronunciation guide.
- invites readers to love more deeply the Bible and the God who is its source.
|Dimensions:||6" x 9.25"|
Saint Mary's Press
|1-2 copies||17.06 each|
|3-5 copies||16.11 each|
|6+ copies||15.16 each|
Written by Mary Reed Newland
An illuminating book that provides readers with a guided tour through the history and literature of the Old Testament. . . . This book, along with the Bible, will provide anyone interested in the Old Testament with a brief, solid introduction to its history and literature.
Bernhard A. Asen, Department of Theological Studies, Saint Louis University