This resource is included in the Joy of Love Learning Bundle. For the best value, buy the whole bundle for only $35!
by Paul Canavese & Ann Naffziger • 8.5" x 11" • Downloadable, reproducible eResource
This eResource kit gives you everything you need to hold a learning event on The Joy of Love or send out links to the video for individual study. Your license gives you permission to share the documents within your entire parish, school community, or diocesan office. We also give you the Microsoft Word source files for the supporting documents so you can edit them yourself.
Ways to use this kit:
- Simply share the video and file links with your staff, leaders, or parish members so they can watch at home
- Send out the video link for viewing at home, and then use our tools to facilitate discussion at a later meeting
- Play the video and hold a discussion at a meeting of your staff, pastoral council, faith formation parents, RCIA group, confirmation group, or whole parish
The kit includes:
- Online video (36 minutes, excluding discussion time) - A simple, narrated online video presentation giving an overview of the document. Add-on DVD available (see below).
- Event Outline (2 pages) - Helpful tips on how to organize and facilitate a parish gathering.
- Detailed talking points (15 pages) - Full notes to speak from, with references to the related paragraphs in Pope Francis' document for each point.
- Presentation summary (2 pages) - A shorter bullet-point summary to distribute or use as the basis for later discussions.
- Reflection questions (2 pages) - Discussion questions for each section of the presentation.
- Prayers (4 pages) - An opening and closing prayer for your gathering, as well as two prayers to take home (one for couples and one for families).
- Logo - Use our artwork to make flyers or posters promoting your event.
If you have limited Internet access or prefer the convenience of a physical disc, please add the DVD to your order.
A similar Joy of Love Video Powerpoint Kit empowers you to give this presentation in-person.
Note: You are allowed to email links to the video and files, but not to post the links on your public website. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our eResource licenses.
Paul Canavese and Ann Naffziger are the directors of Growing Up Catholic. They live in Alameda, California with their daughters Madeleine & Rachel and five chickens. Their family operates their mini-urban farm, loves to bike around town, and find creative ways to build community in their neighborhood.
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
The Pastoral Center
Paul Canavese has his MTS from the Franciscan School of Theology in Berkeley. He has served in a wide range of parish ministries, most recently as a pastoral consultant at Corpus Christi Parish in Piedmont, CA. He is a frequent conference speaker and directs GospelLiving.org (focused on "intentional daily life Catholicism") and GrowingUpCatholic.com (focused on coaching parents). Paul also has 20 years of software development experience with technology startups.
Ann Naffziger has her MDiv from the Jesuit School of Theology and MA in Biblical Languages from the Graduate Theological Union, both in Berkeley. Ann has worked in a variety of parish roles, as well as serving as a hospital chaplain, spiritual director, scripture instructor, and lecturer at the Jesuit School of Theology at Santa Clara University. She has written articles in the field of spirituality and scripture for America, BustedHalo.com, Commonweal, The National Catholic Reporter, Spiritual Life: A Journal of Contemplative Spirituality, and other publications. She is also a Master Gardener and girls' softball coach.