Growing Up Catholic offers a carefully tested and well-crafted sacramental formation process. It provides the immediate preparation for First Reconciliation, First Communion, and/or Confirmation in restored order.
Growing Up Catholic sacramental preparation is:
- Designed to coach parents to share their faith with their children.
- Based on handouts, which empower parents, help children learn, keep costs down, and extend faith into the household with long-lasting effects.
- Focused on bringing faith home with at-home activities. We send families home with a household plan.
- About loving Jesus! We want to help the children (and the parents!) fall deeper in love with Jesus, not just absorb theological knowledge.
- Available in multiple formats: different age groups (7-9, 10-14), English & Spanish, U.S. and Commonwealth countries, and flexibility to work well in parishes, schools, homes, rural areas, and more.
- Affordable: delivered as either an eResource that you print yourself or affordable color booklets, keeping your costs down.
When we coach young parents to become the primary ones who form their children for the sacraments, we do three big things:
- We evangelize and call the parents to greater faith, even if both are not Catholic.
- We begin a conversation about faith between the parent and child.
- We set the stage for a lifetime of faith.
Read leader documents, view sample pages, and learn more at GrowingUpCatholic.com.
Order a free, complete preview or pre-order here.
Questions about how it works? Give us a call at the number above. We're happy to talk about how it can work in your parish!
Want to preview our sacramental preparation program before buying?
Want to get started with the latest edition but don't know how many children will participate this year?
Place an order for this item and we will send you an email with links to download and review the entire curriculum.
Please enter a note on the checkout page telling us when you expect to make a decision about using the program or when you expect to have your numbers for the year.
We will send links to all editions:
- First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, and Confirmation in restored order
- U.S. English, Commonwealth, and Spanish Language
- Ages 7-9 and 10-14
Learn more about Growing Up Catholic Sacramental Preparation here.
This reproducible eResource is licensed for one year with the number of children for which you paid. You may print or email the files for use by your team and participants, but please do not post them to any web site. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
The Pastoral Center
Bill Huebsch is an author, theologian, former director of religious education, and long-time Catholic publishing professional. He is also a husband, a widely-published and award-winning author, a gardener, a university professor, and a pretty qualified corkscrew operator. He has been a farmer, a marketing director, arts administrator, director of religious education, and diocesan administrator. Bill has published nearly thirty books as well as numerous articles, booklets, and screenplays.
Bill is the founder of the online Pastoral Center and past president of Twenty-Third Publications. Bill writes and teaches extensively on the catechetical mission of the Church and on the importance of continuing to implement the vision of the Second Vatican Council.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This free preview is just as it says - the complete lessons, parent guides and teacher guides are included, not just a few random pages. The Pastoral Centre team are putting a lot of trust in people by allowing them to download the entire course to preview for free. I’ve not found any other provider of sacramental preparation material willing to do this. Often people preparing programs need to be able to preview course material before making a decision to buy them and the Pastoral Centre has given us this opportunity which I’m very grateful for. The courses are very well done and easy to follow, especially if you’re a parent or a catechism. The lessons are informative and engaging and they include links to view short films and other activities. It’s a very well prepared course for both younger and older children, and if I had the final say over the program material in my parish I would definitely use these lessons.
I was very impressed with the format and am looking at ways to implement in our parish program this year or next year. It is engaging yet simple to utilize. Thank you