Novelist, poet, critic, lay theologian, and best-selling author of the 'Narnia' series, C. S. Lewis' works have become timeless classics for adults and children around the world.
Here in one concise volume is the essence of his thought on subjects ranging from love and faith to ethics and morality and myth and literature that will throw open the windows of the soul and provide readers with bite-sized nuggets of wisdom and inspiration from one of the best-loved writers of the 20th century.
This lovely little gift book will provide sustenance, wisdom, and hope for both believers and seekers. And, most importantly, it will provide an entry point for those unfamiliar with Lewis that will make them want to explore his fiction and nonfiction works.
Selections from C.S. Lewis' Little Book of Wisdom:
- "If God had granted all the silly prayers I've made in my life, where should I be now?"
- "Surely arrested development consists not in refusing to lose old things, but in failing to add new things…"
- "Do not dare not to dare."
- "We are mirrors whose brightness is wholly derived from the sun that shines upon us."
- "I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity."
|Dimensions:||4.2" x 5"|
Red Wheel Weiser
|1-2 copies||14.36 each|
|3-5 copies||13.56 each|
|6+ copies||12.76 each|