This resource is included in the Joy of Love Learning Bundle. For the best value, buy the whole bundle for only $35!
This eResource kit gives you everything you need to give an overview Powerpoint presentation on The Joy of Love and lead a group discussion (60-90 minute event). Your license gives you permission to share the documents within your entire parish, school community, or diocesan office. We also give you the source files (Powerpoint and Microsoft Word) so you can edit them yourself.
Use this kit with:
- Your parish or school staff
- Your pastoral council and/or leadership teams
- A parish-wide gathering
- Parents during faith formation classes or at a PTA meeting
- RCIA groups
- Any other parish groups
The kit includes:
- Powerpoint Presentation (53 slides) - Beautifully designed slides with short bullet points, as well as more detailed talking points in the presenter notes.
- Event Outline (2 pages) - Helpful tips on how to organize and facilitate a parish gathering.
- Detailed talking points (15 pages) - Full notes to speak from, with references to the related paragraphs in Pope Francis' document for each point.
- Presentation summary (2 pages) - A shorter bullet-point summary to distribute or use as the basis for later discussions.
- Reflection questions (2 pages) - Discussion questions for each section of the presentation.
- Prayers (4 pages) - An opening and closing prayer for your gathering, as well as two prayers to take home (one for couples and one for families).
- Logo - Use our artwork to make flyers or posters promoting your event.
A similar Joy of Love Video Learning Kit has a narrated online video of this presentation (with optional DVD), which you can use in an event or have your people watch at home.
Paul Canavese and Ann Naffziger are the directors of Growing Up Catholic. They live in Alameda, California with their daughters Madeleine & Rachel and five chickens. Their family operates their mini-urban farm, loves to bike around town, and find creative ways to build community in their neighborhood.
Paul has his MTS from the Franciscan School of Theology in Berkeley. He is the director of the online Pastoral Center and GospelLiving.org, a site focused on "intentional daily life Catholicism." Paul also has 20 years of software development experience with technology startups.
Ann has her MDiv and MA in Biblical Languages from the Jesuit School of Theology, both in Berkeley. Ann is a spiritual director who has served as a lecturer at the Jesuit School of Theology, parish staff positions including Director of Religious Education, Jesuit Volunteer Corps staff member, columnist at BustedHalo.com and other publications, and Master Gardener.
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
The Pastoral Center
Paul Canavese has his MTS from the Franciscan School of Theology in Berkeley. He has served in a wide range of parish ministries, most recently as a pastoral consultant at Corpus Christi Parish in Piedmont, CA. He is a frequent conference speaker and directs GospelLiving.org (focused on "intentional daily life Catholicism") and GrowingUpCatholic.com (focused on coaching parents). Paul also has 20 years of software development experience with technology startups.
Ann Naffziger has her MDiv from the Jesuit School of Theology and MA in Biblical Languages from the Graduate Theological Union, both in Berkeley. Ann has worked in a variety of parish roles, as well as serving as a hospital chaplain, spiritual director, scripture instructor, and lecturer at the Jesuit School of Theology at Santa Clara University. She has written articles in the field of spirituality and scripture for America, BustedHalo.com, Commonweal, The National Catholic Reporter, Spiritual Life: A Journal of Contemplative Spirituality, and other publications. She is also a Master Gardener and girls' softball coach.