Irish Episcopal Conference -- Paperback -- 704 pages
Take advantage of this remarkable gift from the Irish Church! This resource is designed to help adults understand and apply the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
The Irish Catholic Catechism for Adults is a new resource from the Irish Episcopal Conference. Designed to complement the Catechism of the Catholic Church, it is adapted for an Irish audience and written in accessible, easy-to-understand language. The Adult Catechism responds to the proposal made by the Irish National Directory for Catechesis, Share the Good News, that adult faith development should be given priority at this time.
The Irish Catholic Catechism for Adults presents a renewed opportunity to study, reflect on and live by the faith we profess in the Creed, celebrate in the Sacraments, live in the Christian moral life and deepen through prayer. Each chapter begins with a ‘Story or Lesson of Faith’, featuring many notable figures from Ireland, such as Edmund Rice, Catherine McAuley and Nano Nagle. These stories and lessons present the richness of the Church’s teaching within the Irish cultural context.
This catechism is for adults who wish to renew or learn more about their faith, including:
- Parish Study Groups
- Retreat Groups
- Liturgy Committees
- RCIA Groups
- Those interested in personal study.
It also provides information about the Catholic faith to other interested readers.
Feedback from parish groups using this resource:
- ‘Informative and thought-provoking’.
- ‘It gave me great insight into the meaning of the First Commandment.’
- ‘I would encourage others to attend parish study groups to learn more about their faith and how to put it into practice.’
- ‘Enlightening, captivating and faith-lifting.’
- ‘I heard things I never would have realised before.’
- ‘I would encourage others to attend because the sessions are lively, enriching in the faith and help in forming fellowships that are helpful spiritually, psychologically and socially.’
|Dimensions:||6" x 9"|