6 Audio CDs
Renowned theologian and storyteller John Shea offers his marvelous scriptural and theological insights into the Gospel of Mark. His captivating stories and examples relate Mark's gospel to contemporary Christian life in ways that are "preachable, teachable and personal."
- Introduction; The Good Earth (4:1-20, 26-32)
- John the Baptizer (1:1-8)
- The Temptation of Jesus (1:12-13)
- Feeding the Crowds (6:30-52; 8:1-21)
- Who Do People Say I Am? (8:27-35)
- The Man Casting Out Demons (9:38-48)
- Marriage, Divorce and Children (10:2-16)
- The Rich Man (10:17-30)
- James and John (10:35-45)
- Bartimaeus (10:46-52)
- Stay Awake (13:33-37); Death and Resurrection (15:33-16:8)
Great to use while driving or meditating at home, this is a wonderful resource for preachers, lectors, liturgy planners, and the growing number of Catholics who meet in prayer groups.
He has published thirteen books of theology and spirituality and two books of poetry. His latest three books are Gospel Light: Jesus Stories for Spiritual Consciousness (Crossroad, 1997), Elijah at the Wedding Feast and Other Tales (Acta, 1999), and Spirituality and Health Care: Reaching Toward a Holistic Future (Park Ridge Center, 2000). He is presently at work on a four volume series that will provide literary/spiritual interpretations of the Sunday gospels. These interpretations — The Spiritual Wisdom of the Gospels for Christian Preachers and Teachers — will be a resource for lectionary based preaching and teaching.
|Dimensions:||5½" x 6½"|
Mix & match with
titles in this series.
|1 copies||26.96 each|
|2-3 copies||25.46 each|
|4+ copies||23.96 each|