The God Talks topic and lectionary-based multimedia youth ministry program examines a single theme or concept in some detail over a two- to five-week period of time with the goal of addressing the characteristics of spiritual development. Scripture readings, film clips, music clips, and stories are used as a starting point for teaching and rich faith-sharing discussions. (Note: media resources must be purchased or streamed separately.)
The goals of the God Talks program are:
- To learn that one has a life-purpose and that it is possible to discern what it is
- To seek connection with the inner self (spirit, as opposed to the outer self, the ego)
- To seek connection with God & with the world around one, both natural & human
- To experience transcendence (meaning seeing how one fits into the bigger picture)
Three-Session Lenten lectionary-based series
The Preparing topic focuses on the Advent season. It encourages selection of a service project, which could be done are part of an optional fourth session. Media includes:
- Film clips from A Charlie Brown Christmas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
- Songs from Amy Grant, Kathy Mattea, Chris Rice, and others.
This reproducible eResource is sold with a lifetime license for use within a parish, school, or diocesan office. You are allowed to make unlimited copies for use within your own community. You may also email these to members of your team or participants in your program. If you serve more than one parish or school, each should purchase its own license. You may not post our eResources to any web site without explicit permission to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for cooperating with our honor system regarding our product licenses.
|Dimensions:||8½" x 11"|
The Pastoral Center