If you’re starting or continuing the process of Christian initiation with children, this is the book for you. It gives complete, practical directions for preparing unbaptized or uncatechized children for the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist in the Catholic Church.
Adapting the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults for children in age-appropriate ways, this resource includes:
- an overview of children’s spirituality and the vision of the Rite
- ideas for preparation before the rites and reflection afterwards
- experiential activities that link scripture with daily life
- background on each of the four periods, with sample sessions for each
- a calendar of celebrations, which can be copied for families
- a glossary of terms used in the initiation process
Other books in the Children and Christian Initiation series:
- Parent and Sponsor Guide
- Initiation Journal for Children (ages 7-10)
- Initiation Journal for Youth (ages 11-14)
Developed in cooperation with The North American Forum on the Catechumenate
|Dimensions:||4" x 10"|
Church Publishing, Inc.
Kathy Coffey is the author of 13 award-winning books and many articles in Catholic periodicals including America, U.S. Catholic, St. Anthony Messenger, Catholic Update, Everyday Catholic and National Catholic Reporter. She has won fifteen awards from the Catholic Press Association, the Foley Poetry Award from America magazine, the Independent Publishers Book Award, and the Associated Church Press Award for Editorial Courage. Kathy has spoken at national conventions such as the L.A. Congress, NCCL, NCEA, NPM, and many diocesan gatherings. She gives retreats and workshops nationally and internationally. She taught for fifteen years at the University of Colorado, Denver, and Regis Jesuit University. The mother of four, and grandmother of four, she lives in the San Francisco Bay Area. She is also the author of Grandparenting with Grace and A Project of Love: A Retreat for Couples Based on The Joy of Love, both published by The Pastoral Center.