Includes one paperback study guide and one DVD.
Worship Fully, Spend Less, Give More, Love All
"Each year Americans spend billions of dollars on material items at Christmas. That is a pretty weird way to celebrate the birth of Jesus, who gave up all of his riches to save the world. Christmas for Christians can be a time, however, that is not a contradiction. It can be a time of worship, meaning, and giving that is prophetic, powerful and transformative. In celebrating Christmas in the way of the story Christ followers are taught how to worship fully, spend less, give more and love all this Christmas."
Are you tired of how consumerism has stolen the soul of Christmas? This year, take a stand! Join the groundswell of Christ-followers who are choosing to make Christmas what it should be—a joyous celebration of Jesus' birth that enriches our hearts and the world around us, not a retail circus that depletes our pocketbooks and defeats our spirits. Advent Conspiracy shows you how to substitute consumption with compassion by practicing four simple but powerful, countercultural concepts:
- Worship Fully—because Christmas begins and ends with Jesus!
- Spend Less—and free your resources for things that truly matter.
- Give More—of your presence: your hands, your words, your time, your heart.
- Love All—the poor, the forgotten, the marginalized, and the sick in ways that make a difference.
Find out how to have a Christmas worth remembering, not dreading. Christmas can still change the world when you, like Jesus, give what matters most—your presence.
Learn more about this movement at AdventConspiracy.org
The story of Christ's birth is a story of promise, hope, and a revolutionary love. So, what happened? What was once a time to celebrate the birth of a savior has somehow turned into a season of stress, traffic jams, and shopping lists. And when it's all over, many of us are left with presents to return, looming debt that will take months to pay off, and this empty feeling of missed purpose. Is this really why we celebrate Christmas? What if Christmas became a world-changing event once again? Advent Conspiracy is an international movement restoring the scandal of Christmas by substituting compassion for consumption. For many years, Advent Conspiracy has been giving people hope that Christmas doesn't have to be about credit cards, to-do lists, and traffic jams. This four-session DVD study will introduce you to this revolution in compassion as you learn to:
- Worship Fully. It starts and ends with Jesus. It's a season where love wins, peace reigns, and a king is celebrate. It's the party of the year.
- Spend Less. Americans spend an average of $450 billion a year every Christmas. What if we all committed to buying just one less gift this year?
- Give More. God's gift to us was a relationship built on love. Time is one of the more precious gifts we can give at Christmas, time to make love visible through relational giving. This Christmas, give presence to those you love.
- Love All. When Jesus loved, he loved in ways never imagined.
By spending less at Christmas we have the opportunity to join him in giving resources to those who need them most. Nobody wants a Christmas worth forgetting. Welcome to the Advent Conspiracy.
|Dimensions:||7.96" x 5.53"|
|1-2 copies||$28.50 each|
|3-5 copies||$27.00 each|
|6+ copies||$25.50 each|